Train, Teambuild & Mentor,
Alpha Outdoors has a successful record of growing leaders in the outdoor pursuits, environmental studies, adventure tourism, youth work, classroom teaching and workplace development fields. We can help you by:
Mentoring key management staff or adventure leaders
Upskilling adventure guides and leaders in technical and management skills
Developing leadership by using outdoor and creative situations to help staff and volunteers work as effective teams
“Can you answer ‘Yes’ to these leadership & training questions?”
- Do all your management people, staff team, contractors and volunteers understand the ‘big picture’ with respect to desired outcomes and best practice principles?
- Do they work together as an effective team?
- Has your person in charge of adventure or leadership programmes had appropriate professional development for their role?
- Would they benefit from regular professional supervision/mentoring?
- Do all your outdoor adventure staff hold basic national leadership qualifications such as NZOIA Bushwalk Leader or National Certificate in Outdoor Recreation Leadership (Level 3)?
- Do those running technical activities hold appropriate outdoor instructor awards such as Rock/Abseil Instructor or Kayak Instructor?
- Is the leadership potential of individuals recognised and developed?
- Would you like to see a more innovative approach to leadership development within your institution?
- Do you send teams across NZ or internationally for cultural/sporting events or service projects?
If you are keen to mentor and train,
then contact Bruce Conway