Who we are
Alpha Outdoors Ltd is a family-owned company based in Invercargill, New Zealand. We have been selling kayaks and outdoor pursuits gear in NZ since 1995, under both the Alpha Outdoors and Kayaks Plus trading names.
Our Alpha Outdoors website address is: https://alphaoutdoors.co.nz
What we collect and store
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed – we’ll use this, for example, to show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type – we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address – we’ll ask you to enter this so we can estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for a minimum of seven years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
Who we share your data with
We share information with a limited number of third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you.
For example, we share your name, shipping address and phone number with the relevant manufacturer or importer, so that they can ship your purchased products direct to you.
We do not share or sell your personal data to any other person, group or company.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.